Best Psychiatrist for Treatment of OCD
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a type of mental disorder characterised by repetitive and uncontrolled intrusive thoughts. People experience obsessive thoughts and compulsions during such a mental condition. Dr. Gorav Gupta is one of the experts in this field and the best OCD psychiatrist in Gurgaon, Delhi-NCR region. He has cured a lot of OCD patients during his career as a psychiatrist and secured a place among the best Psychiatrist in Delhi.
Why choose Dr. Gorav Gupta as OCD specialist in Delhi?
Some OCD patients find it difficult to clear away all unnecessary or old junk. These activities occur to such an extent that most of the time they endanger their normal life and their daily life is negatively affected. Usually, this condition is seen in people who are in the teenage age range or have reached adulthood. Although most adult OCD patients find that their strange behaviour doesn’t make sense, they still just can’t stop. So, in this condition if you are helpless to handle the patient you need to consult an OCD psychiatrist or therapist who may help you a long way.
What are Obsessions?
- Obsessions can be defined as unwelcome, obtrusive thoughts, pictures, ideas, or desires that cause serious distress.
- They are main defining characteristic of OCD.
- These include unwelcome fixations on bodily sensations, intrusive ideas of hurting others, uncertainty about one’s own identity, and a myriad of other issues.
What are compulsions?
- Compulsions can be defined as actions or thoughts performed in an effort to lessen the anguish brought on by the obsessions.
- Compulsions are frequently performed in an effort to identify and eliminate a perceived threat in order to stop a feared outcome from happening.
- Compulsions may temporarily alleviate the suffering brought on by obsessions, but they also promote the idea that they effectively countered a real threat or danger, which makes obsessions more likely to recur.
- These may include counting things, washing hands frequently, cleaning excessively or checking if doors and windows are closed, etc.
TREATMENT FOR OCD BY Dr. GORAV GUPTA
OCD is not a mental or physical health condition. OCD is a perceptual problem associated with problems with cognitive function and cognition. Therefore, it’s crucial to set priorities and take your OCD patient to an OCD psychiatrist or therapist who can assist with cognitive restructuring the patient’s mind. The first line of defence for treatment is psychological intervention as opposed to seeing a psychiatrist or physician. OCD is not entirely cured by medicine. Although, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved many antidepressants for the treatment of OCD.
- Anafranil (clomipramine) for both adults and kids 10 years or more
- Fluoxetine (Prozac) for both children and adults 7 years or more
- Fluvoxamine for both children and adults 8 years old and up
- Paxil, Pexeva, and paroxetine are solely for adults.
- Sertraline (Zoloft) is recommended for adults and kids ages 6 and older.
Psychotherapy and drugs may not always be sufficient to control OCD symptoms. Other methods could be provided in cases that are resistant to treatment programmes for intensive outpatient and inpatient therapy.
ERP or Exposure and Response Prevention Technique:
For best OCD treatment in Delhi patients should involve Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and/or medication. The majority of people with OCD (about 7 out of 10) will benefit from either medication or ERP. People with OCD who struggle to function due to the severity of their symptoms may benefit from comprehensive treatment programmes that emphasise ERP therapy concepts. These courses usually run for several weeks. In ERP, a person who experiences intrusive thoughts is deliberately exposed to circumstances that trigger those ideas; but, instead of acting on their compulsions, they are required to sit with the thoughts. The purpose of ERP is to convince the user that their fears about what might occur when they have an intrusive thought are unlikely to occur. For instance, someone who fears stabbing someone could avoid or store blades, or engage in compulsive behaviour when around them.
TMS or transcranial magnetic stimulation:
When conventional therapy methods have failed to control OCD in adults aged 22 to 68, the FDA approved a specialised device (Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation). dTMS is a non-invasive treatment for OCD symptoms that stimulates brain nerve cells with magnetic fields. An electromagnetic coil is applied to your scalp near your forehead during a dTMS session. Your brain’s nerve cells are stimulated by a magnetic pulse delivered by the electromagnet.
You need to discover socially adapted belief systems connected to your obsessions that are already being used and put into practise by others in society as you work towards recovery with your therapist at Tulasi Healthcare. Your psychotherapist at Tulasi Healthcare will ask you about all the problematic scenarios like obsessional thoughts and cognitive behaviour problems you are dealing with. Empirically validated and replicated therapies and OCD treatments in Delhi, like the ones stated above, provide OCD sufferers more control over their illness while safeguarding their health and safety. Many people have also discovered benefits from combining various therapy modalities when done so under the guidance of a qualified and experienced healthcare professional. When deciding what treatment may be best for you, like with other forms of medical care, it is crucial to speak with a doctor or mental health expert.