Substance abuse is one of the major issues of concern across the world irrespective of the age and gender. India is also struggling with the menace of drug abuse with a continuous increase in the number of cases registered under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985. Drugs like opium, morphine, heroin, ganja, hashish, cocaine, etc. are amongst the popular substances exploited by the addicts. According to NCRB data 2012, Punjab topped the list with the highest number of cases registered, followed by UP, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Rajasthan. Realizing the urgent need to counteract this problem, government and voluntary organizations have come up with various rehabilitation centers and departments in every state. Delhi, being the metro city is the center point of people struggling with addiction. Hence, the city has become a hub, there are several rehabilitation center in Delhi.
Role of Rehab Centre in Delhi
The ultimate aim of a rehabilitation center is to recover the addicts from substance abuse and treat them from mental illnesses (if any). There is enough information on the internet regarding the identification of the symptoms and signs for recognizing addiction in a person but once, that is done the next step is to medically treat the person or take him to an expert in the rehabilitation center.
- A good rehab centre helps the patient to heal completely—physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Personalized care and continuous motivation are the two main factors that will ensure fast recovery of the patient.
- Doctors and counselors at the rehab will immediate diagnose the problem and initiate the treatment as soon as possible.
- Detoxification, diagnosis, and cognitive therapy is the three-step process which is followed by a rehabilitation centre. Since the patient exhibit signs of depression, paranoia, and other psychiatric problems like sleep disorders, a cognitive therapy inclusive of family therapy and meditation is a must. This can only be done in a rehab center.
- Many de-addiction centres also equip addicts with livelihood training and job skills that will help them earn and become self-sufficient. The patients are motivated and counseled to begin healthy, and respectable life.
- A rehab center can tackle a variety of patients and addicts struggling with substance abuse mainly alcohol, cocaine, heroin etc. They may design the treatment as per the individual depending upon the complexity of the problem.
- The centres prepare the person to re-enter the society with a clean body and a fresh frame of mind.
- Some rehab centres are age-specific and gender-specific and hence, the patients are highly comfortable among its peers and can help each other in their recovery through motivation and encouragement.
Since there is a social stigma associated with being enrolled in a rehab centre, people are very apprehensive to join the center. In spite of understanding the importance of controlling the problem at the initial stages, fear of embarrassment, job insecurity and negative response from the peers and family may stop the person from going to a reliable rehabilitation hospital in Delhi. Therefore, there is an urgent need to go to a good counselor who would suggest the best rehab center in Delhi.